Thursday, June 24, 2010

A Social Network Experiment

For the past couple days I have been enduring a drama happening with one of my "friends" on facebook. Updates look something like this:

"Is at a loss for words. Atleast I have him for now.....and hopefully after....."
"
Is used up. Abused. And left to wonder why."

....Hmmm, and apparently FB is failing right now. This person's page may have disappeared just in time. Regardless, updates have indicated an affair and possible divorce. TMI (for facebook). Take it to couple's counseling please.

Anyway, with all this drama, I thought, "What kind of stories could I make up in one (or 5) sentence(s) per day?" Imagine the possibilities! You could probably entertain yourself, and others for quite a while with crazy status updates. You could even plan it out from beginning to ending, or just steal a story from history... like that book Historical Tweets.

Or you could just take the actual drama from your own life that you keep private from your friends. After all, real life? You can't write that.

2 comments:

  1. Now I want to try that! Perhaps hint at something in cryptic terms, start out very worrisome and apprehensive, have a twist: it turns out actually to be a very very good thing, then at the height of exuberance ANOTHER TWIST and everything comes crashing down, all previous worries and apprehensions were not only well-founded but not nearly cynical enough, suspend your Facebook account for a couple days to add to the suspense for your friends, then come back pretending like nothing happened.

    I've so excited myself, you have no idea!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hahahaha... Glad I could inspire :D

    Suspension of account--so dramatic.

    ReplyDelete

 

yasmin side effects