Wednesday, July 7, 2010

Usurping Man's Authority

I don't know if you know this, but I am kind of a big deal. Yeah, I got cred. When I finish my program, I essentially have the potential to be a full time minister, and I got more cred than most probably have. I told my sister, "I am highly flauntable."

However, where I come from, there is no point in a woman studying God. You can't really talk about it, you can't preach it, you can't teach it... oh wait, yeah you can--but only to other women, your husband, and very small [unbaptized] children. Things are changing a little bit now, there are some churches desperate to incorporate women, and it is nearly impossible to find a woman from the same tradition that is seeking to be a minister (cause we're not allowed!).

This is why I am highly flauntable. I am a woman with an awesome education and a desire to serve in a time where women are being sought out specifically. See you on the ministry frontier.

No comments:

Post a Comment

 

yasmin side effects