Friday, July 16, 2010

Interpretation de Confounded Christian

The other day I was doing a little bit of that Bible reading and such, and I chose to read the Gospel of John. I chose this because I am in a class on liberation theology, and I tend to enjoy the hippie version of the Jesus story, i.e. John. I read the first few chapters, and it has kind of been a while since I have read the Bible for personal revelation (instead of for class, or church, etc.). There was personal revelation, but at the same time, even in the loosely written John, I found myself going verse by verse, "I agree with that... I don't agree with that... I think there was a contradiction there... or wtf." So I wondered, what would happen if I took the Bible and made a list of what I agree with, and what I do not agree with. I wondered what the ratio would be... Just taking the Word and my experience, and seeing what makes sense to me, and what doesn't.

Yesterday, I was talking with my friend, and we decided that we would be happy even if just a fraction of a percent of what we think about God was true, we would be happy. For example, if a fraction of what I believe love to be, God also is, there will be joy to be had over this.

No comments:

Post a Comment

 

yasmin side effects